Thursday, November 22, 2012

Weekly Challenge #96 "Zinger"

So this week's challenge from the Diva is "Zinger" and I have to say  I was excited to see it was the challenge. I use this a lot in my drawings, although I found that in looking at how to draw it, that it wasn't how I was drawing it. Funny how that happens.
So I practiced re-drawing it how it was supposed to be drawn. Once I went and did it the old way I was doing it, and found it was actually easier to do it the correct way! Imagine that!
So here is my take on Zinger. I always associated it with weeds, and bees. Which is funny when I found out what it was actually called...like a stinger...a Zinger..  I will be interested to hear what everyone's take is on the pile in the center of the drawing...once you formulate your opinion, then below, I will tell you what it is....in my mind that is!

                      


Well, I don't normally do a second try on a challenge but decided to try anyway!
So here's my 2nd take on the ZINGER-Hope y'all like it!!




Another week has gone by and Thanksgiving went by with it. I can't believe how fast time goes. I have had fun this week as I have started quilting also. It's been awhile and it took me a few days to un-bury my machine etc.. and have begun!! I'm happy with my results so far.. it was a challenge in a month back in October, but like always, I'm a day late and a dollar short in my life. I figured I would do it anyway.  I've enjoyed it. It has kept me busy during the day rather than sit around and be mopey.
Here's a link to the Challenge: Log Cabins from Ellison Lane
Here's what I've done so far!

This is the first color I completed and in 9 blocks...I'm going to try to make it that I can fit it on the top of a Queen - it's a "double" size though - it will be 9 X 12 blocks. (Blocks are 8.5 inches square)
So that'll be 9 blocks of 12 colors....or if I can't figure that many colors out, I'll do 12 blocks of 9 colors. LOL!!!


This one is in honor of my mother who loved all things Strawberries!! the paws are her cats that she loved so much...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tend to fight depression, so for me this whole job thing has left me in limbo fighting that deep hole that is so easy to fall into. I feel like I'm wandering, looking for something, but I don't know what that is. Lonely wanderer. That describes it.

I feel, though, like maybe I'm a bit closer to something. I've applied to 2 jobs in particular that interest me. I know someone's saying.. take anything! But I am at a point in my life that I don't want to take anything. I know it is crazy because I don't have money or insurance, which BOTH for me is a major issue. However, God does manage to provide money in strange ways, and I haven't had a problem yet. I have a place to live, food on the table, clothes. Gas money, it's a little harder but I tend to not make any unnecessary trips.  I've gathered my quarters for the next fill up. LOL God will provide. I know He will. He has never abandoned me. He never will. This too shall pass. These are the things that keep me going every day. My faith. (Also my lovely daughter - my friend. She cheers me along!)

So, as promised, the above was supposed to be a bee hive, hence the bee. I didn't want to just draw a plain hive, so I thought I would put some design on it. Afterwards, it looked like a snake with the zinger coming out the top - like a rattlesnake.
So, you can make it what you want. That's the fun of Zentangle, it seems you start out one way and end up another. Just like life. You have to open to it though. If you're so rigid that you can't change midstream, then you'll miss what could've been...
Blessings!
Lynda


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely tile! I like the bee in it.
    It's a good thing you started quilting, being busy will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're exactly right! It really has. And the holidays have sped by with my being invited to several different homes to celebrate - thus not being alone feeling sorry for myself. !!
      Thanks for the compliments.!

      Delete
  2. I love your tile. I too thought of a beehive and bees when I saw it. The tile is so light and airy. I love the flora and fauna... gives it that wonderful organic feel. Hope ou feel beter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! This is darling. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. I look at everyone else's tiles and of course wonder if mine will ever match up to those who've been at it for so long and do such an incredible job!! Your encouragement keeps me trying! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I too think of bee when thinking zinger.... maybe the name of the pattern has something to do with that! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete