Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekly Challenge #93: New Official Tangle "Bunzo"

I am sitting here in my house riding out Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy. I have friends here with me, one who has to be in the city tomorrow so she came here to stay (from rural WV) overnight.  There are 2 others that live with me to share rent, utilities etc. We all get along great, kind of stick to ourselves and come together to do stuff occasionally. It's fun. It works.
I've had others live with me and it was difficult.  This is probably the best arrangement I've ever had, I really enjoy the couple here. So I have to eat Gluten free, and they love to cook. (And might I say she is  a FANTASTIC cook!!) and they accommodate me as much as possible. It's really fantastic because when I have to convert recipes I have more difficulty getting textures. Of course now that there are SO MANY MORE choices to assist in cooking from scratch, it makes it much easier. But of course, Emily is a good cook so she seems to be doing all the work. And so, to make a long story short, she fixed gluten free chicken and dumplings tonight. PERFECT for a stormy cold night....and it was DELICIOUS!
So, here in Winchester, VA, we're doing ok. it's cold, rainy and the wind is blowing hard but we're cozy and warm watching movies. I love to draw when I'm sitting watching tv, it seems to be my best time to zone out. So this week's challenge is BUNZO.  It took me approximately 3 - 4 hours to do it. I have trouble when I draw for long periods that I have to stop and rest because my hand gets cramped. my right hand is my weaker one, so it takes me more time. I added, I think, SEZ pattern in here too.
So, here's my challenge for this week. I'm going to try to keep posting them each week. I tend to forget and get sidetracked. So, hopefully I can remember.
If you're reading this and you're in the storm too, please be careful, stay safe and warm. Blessings!

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you are safe, warm and dry! Very nice design with the little flourishes off to the sides, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are good, Sandy seems to be in a fury as we watch the news!! Like your take on Bunzo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tile. With great shading. Everything really pops-up. Hope you will be safe from Sandy.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tangles look great together - lovely! stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks kind of festive. Hope things continue to go well during the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so fun to see how bunzo curls around itself to give us a fabulous feeling of space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much swirly fun! Love this pattern--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your light and darker ones. Great tile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mix of swirls and bunzo it all works well together

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the tangles you used with bunzo. The mix works well together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Party time with Bunzo. Beautiful work. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete