Saturday, August 18, 2012

new blogger

Well, this is a first for me - I've decided to blog. So bear with me while I try to muddle my way through. To tell you more about me is a longer story than most people want to sit through. To summarize, I'm a cancer survivor, a 2 time divorcee, have a grown up beautiful intelligent daughter who has become my best friend. I love nature, photographing it even more. Sewing(quilting) is my true love, an enjoy just about any kind of arts; I can do just about anything Martha (stewart) can do if I have the time.
I am a full time RN in an oncology unit - I have great co-workers and some are my friends. I've lost both my parents now, have a brother whom I occasionally talk with, to catch up, an even greater sister-in-law because she's tolerated him and kept him in line which is a feat in itself.
I have chemo brain - even after 11 years -- LOL don't ever let anyone tell you its not true, because it is. And as I age, I realize that the age related memory issue is just about as bad as the chemo brain. Compound them together with stress, fatigue of being overworked and you get me - a babbling idiot. Sometimes its frustrating to not be able to name objects as simple as a teapot, other times you have to laugh at me (and myself) at telling my daughter to either "mow the carpet" or "take out the garage"... gotta love it. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, what's left?
So here I go.. I'll share with you my art - photography, papers, fabrics, and whatever else comes along the way.  So, hold on, you're in for a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment